The Gaia U Initiate Award, which can be displayed on your Gaia U profile as well as on social media profiles like LinkedIn, is earned by completing the free introductory course Regenerative Livelihoods by Design at Gaia University. This is a relatively short course, though it includes many links for those who want to investigate more deeply. It consists of 3 modules, each with readings and activities:
Module 1 – A New Economy, A New Narrative
- Navigating our way in the context of failing systems
- Exploring the transition to a regenerative economy
- Tying the larger transition to personal transitions
- Learning to see the Patrix and unlearning oppressive patterns
Module 2 – Creating Resilient Communities and Livelihoods
- Appreciating the role of community and finding support
- Learning to learn within communities of practice
- Becoming aware of the ‘brain drain’ pattern and working towards relocalization
- Supporting one another in the pursuit of regenerative livelihood
Module 3 – Designing & Documenting Your Action Learning Pathway
- Growing into a skilled action learner
- Cultivating a balanced learning practice with Kolb’s Cycle of Experiential Learning
- Designing and articulating your path forward
- Documenting your work and building e-portfolios
After reading the material and completing the activities, the learner completes a follow-up 1-on-1 coaching session with a qualified Gaia U community member to reflect on the experience and talk through their plans for the future.
- Complete all readings
- Post responses to all activity questions
- Submit final activity for review
- Conduct follow-up coaching session
How to earn this award:
- Sign up for the free intro course Regenerative Livelihoods by Design.
- Complete all readings and activities (including downloading and completing final activity).
- Upload final activity document as an attachment on this page below.
- A Gaia U advisor will be in touch to schedule a free coaching session with you